Currently all in-person opportunities are available to fully vaccinated volunteers. Applicants must be comfortable conducting outreach in-person, via phone, and email independently.
Alzheimer's Association Community Representatives (AACRs) are community engagers that raise awareness of Alzheimer's Association programs, provide basic disease information, and link consumers to Alzheimer's Association services.
The Alzheimer's Association provides training, a staff partner, and electronic or printed materials to assist you in your efforts. Orientation includes several hours of online learning, self-study, and mentoring. Must be age 18 to apply. Background checks are required.
CURRENT PRIORITY POSITIONS
Please indicate your area of interest on your application:
- Bilingual Community Representative to Latino Community - Establish connections with Latino serving organizations and promote Association services. Bilingual Spanish/English required.
- Community Representative to Faith Communities - Establish connections with local faith communities and promote Association services.
- Community Representative to Target Regions - Establish connections with new businesses/ organizations and promote Association services in North OC, South OC, or Newport/Costa Mesa/Irvine area.
- Promote support groups, education programs, Walk to End Alzheimer's, or The Longest Day using your local connections, bulletin boards, social media, websites, and physical displays in your community.
- Attend organization meetings to raise awareness of Association (i.e. collaboratives, city chambers of commerce, etc.
- Connect the Alzheimer's Association to new community organizations (such as faith communities, businesses, civic and social service organizations, etc.)
- Connect people with Association services and volunteer opportunities as appropriate.
- Self-motivated individual that is comfortable reaching out to individuals/organizations and connecting them to the Alzheimer's Association.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills via email and phone.
- Passionate about the Alzheimer’s Association mission with personal or professional experience with dementia preferred.
- AACR volunteers commit to a 1-year term with a min. target of 12 outreach touch points annually (i.e. events, meetings, connecting community leaders to staff partner, etc.).
- All volunteers participate in initial training and ongoing education and must comply with Alzheimer's Association volunteer policies and procedures.
- Terms are renewable upon successful completion of annual goal-setting conversation with your staff partner.
Benefits to Volunteer:
- Increase your knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias while serving your local community.
- Be recognized as a leader and resource for Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
- Join a network of other volunteers, staff and community leaders to help create a world without Alzheimer’s.