Support Group Mentors provide mentoring and training support for facilitators of early stage or caregiver groups. Support Group Mentors:
- Collaborate with Association staff to provide hands-on assistance where needed to improve the quality and participation in Alzheimer's Association support groups.
- Provide co-training, ongoing consultation, mentoring support and assistance and evaluate successes, challenges and needs of the group.
- Provide annual quality assurance visits and review evaluation data with Facilitators to improve the constituent experience.
- Consult with support group leaders and staff to devise a plan to grow participation and expand the reach of support groups.
- Serve as a substitute for short-term facilitator absences or co-facilitator for virtual support groups during which time the Mentor assumes the temporary role of Facilitator.